Friday, August 29, 2014

戰勝了伊波拉病毒

Dr. Kent Brantly
Dr. Kent Brantly is scheduled to be released from the hospital today after recovering from Ebola. He released the following statements while he was battling the deadly virus.
August 15
As my treatment continues in the isolation unit at Emory University Hospital, I am recovering in every way. I thank God for the healthcare team here who is giving me compassionate, world-class care. I am more grateful every day to the Lord for sparing my life and continuing to heal my body. There are still a few hurdles to clear before I can be discharged, but I hold on to
the hope of a sweet reunion with my wife, children and family in the near future.
Thank you for your prayers for Nancy (Writebol) and me. Please continue to pray for and bring attention to those suffering in the ongoing Ebola crisis in West Africa. Their fight is far from over.
Doctor Being Released: Dr. Kent Brantly is being released from the hospital after recovering from Ebola.
August 8
I am writing this update from my isolation room at Emory University Hospital, where the doctors and nurses are providing the very best care possible. I am growing stronger every day, and I thank God for His mercy as I have wrestled with this terrible disease. I also want to extend my deep and sincere thanks to all of you who have been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy (Writebol) and for the people of Liberia and West Africa.
My wife Amber and I, along with our two children, did not move to Liberia for the specific purpose of fighting Ebola. We went to Liberia because we believe God called us to serve Him at ELWA Hospital.
One thing I have learned is that following God often leads us to unexpected places. When Ebola spread into Liberia, my usual hospital work turned more and more toward treating the increasing number of Ebola patients. I held the hands of countless individuals as this terrible disease took their lives away from them. I witnessed the horror firsthand, and I can still remember every face and name.
When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday morning, I immediately isolated myself until the test confirmed my diagnosis three days later. When the result was positive, I remember a deep sense of peace that was beyond all understanding. God was reminding me of what He had taught me years ago, that He will give me everything I need to be faithful to Him.
Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally different setting. My focus, however, remains the same—to follow God. As you continue to pray for Nancy and me, yes, please pray for our recovery. More importantly, pray that we would be faithful to God’s call on our lives in these new circumstances.
基督徒醫生肯特.布蘭特利 (Dr. Kent Brantly)經過一個月的治療,終於戰勝了伊波拉病毒,得以完全康復,並於今日(2014年8月21日)出院。出院前,布蘭特利醫生在全國的媒體面前簡單發表講話,指這是奇蹟的一天,並見證了神的信實,所以他無論是生或是死,都希望用自己的生命來榮耀祂。
今天的布蘭特利醫生是一個自由的人,他不再需要困在隔離病房,不用帶著口罩,不用穿著保護衣——他活生生的走在全國媒體面前,為主做活生生的見證。他一開口說,「今天是奇蹟的一天。我非常高興我還好好的活著,可以再次與我的家庭團聚。」
接著,布蘭特利醫生簡述了自己染病的經過。他表示,作為一位醫療宣教士,他從來沒有想像過自己會來到這個位置當中。去年十月,他帶著妻子Amber和兩個孩子一起到利比里亞的ELWA醫院展開為期兩年的服事。當時,還沒有人注意到伊波拉疫情,他們只是回應神的呼召到利比里亞服事當地的人。
今年三月份,他們聽說伊波拉疫情爆發,於是開始準備的工作。直到六月份,ELWA醫院才接受了第一位伊波拉病人。布蘭特利醫生說,當時他們已經準備好了。他的醫療團隊一方面悉心照顧每位伊波拉病人,另一方面亦謹慎跟從無國界醫生和世界衛生組織的安全指引來保護自己,以免感染這可怕的病。在六月份至七月份,來到ELWA醫院的伊波拉病人人數持續上升。
7月21日,布蘭特利醫生把妻兒送到機場返美,便獨自回到工作崗位,比以前更加投入工作。他把病人轉移到一個新建的更大的隔離病房,訓練新的同工,與人力資源部配搭安排人手上的需要等。怎料在三天之後(7月23日),他開始病發,並證實感染伊波拉病毒。他形容那一天「他的生命發生了意想不到的變化」。
在全國的媒體面前,布蘭特利醫生接著見證自己在病中如何緊緊的抓住神。他說:「在往後的九天,每天我都躺在病床上,身體越來越不適、越來越弱。我向神禱告,求祂幫助我在疾病中仍然對祂忠心,並且無論我是生或是死,願我的生命都是榮耀祂的。」
「當時我並不知道,但後來我知道了,從那天開始全世界有數千、數百萬人為我禱告,甚至直到如今。我聽到了一個又一個故事,這件事如何影響了世界上许多人的生命,包括我的家人、朋友以至於陌生人。你們的禱告、你們的支持…我不知道我要說多少次感謝才夠。但我可以告訴你,我所事奉的是一位信實的、應允禱告的神。」
布蘭特利醫生表示,通過善普施(Samaritan's Purse)和SIM同工們的照顧、實驗性藥物、以及埃默里大學醫院(Emory University Hospital)醫療團隊的資源和專業知識,神救活了他,這也是神應允了無數人的禱告。
雖然他無法記得所有曾經在他病中照顧他的人,但他盡量感謝每一位。不但是在肉體上照顧他的那些醫療人員,他更加感謝的是,善普施和SIM的同工們在他的生命中最艱難的時候,帶著基督的愛和憐憫,給他屬靈上的支持。
「你們當中有许多人不但在肉體上服事我,更在屬靈上服事我,這是促使我康復的一個重要部分。我永遠不會忘記你們和你們為我所做的。我感謝我的家人、朋友和教會的肢體不斷在禱告中提升我,為我的醫治和康復禱告。請不要停止為利比里亞和西非的人民禱告,並求神速速把這疫病停止。」
布蘭特利醫生「永遠感謝神存留了他的性命」。對他來說,一場大病成為了化妝的祝福,因為全世界從聽到有美國醫生感染伊波拉病毒開始,才更加關注到西非的伊波拉疫情。他鼓勵各界領袖們能夠一起竭力終結這場伊波拉疫病。
同時,布蘭特利醫生透露,另一位染病的宣教同工南希(Nancy Writebol)已在週二低調出院,回家休養。他說,當日看著南希離開隔離病房,南希說「願榮耀歸給神」。他也代表南希感謝所有人的代禱。
雖然布蘭特利醫生和南希都已經完全康復,連續數天的抽血化驗報告證實他們已不再帶有傳染性,可是他們的身體仍然有點虛弱,需要一段時間休養。
靠著神,布蘭特利醫生和南希越過了死亡的幽谷。雖然他們在肉體上受害,但他們的信仰卻因為患難而變得穩固。通過這個經歷,神並給他們機會來在眾人面前為祂做美好的見證。布蘭特利醫生與每位醫療人員和其他同工擁抱、握手和擊掌,在眾人的掌聲和歡呼聲中,他離開了隔離病房,確是神榮耀的一個畫面。

No comments:

Post a Comment